Hyper-Connected Community Labs
On the 6floor of the New Millennium Building, a learning ecosystem in the form of each production pipeline had been established (Pre-Production Step, Production Step, Post-Production Step, Mobile Step)
HCL Lab- Pre-production step (NM601)
Professor : Hong-Sik Pak / Sunghoon Cho / Thomas Humpal
- Research Areas : Film and Animation Story development, Scene breakdown,
Storyboard, Animatics, Camera working, etc.
- Student Leader :N/A
● Overview : In animation and filmmaking process, pre-production step is essential to step before production begins. This pre-production lab is concerned with creating stories, synopsis, scenario, schedule, budget, location scouting, scene breakdown, shot list, etc. Finally, creating storyboard and animatics to prepare for the next step(shooting and animation production), students need to be creative and think in a variety of ways on creating stories. As a result, with those skills and knowledge, students can prepare for becoming a filmmaker, director, writer and/or a previsualization artist.
● Method of operation : Extracurricular program. Students can participate and work on creating stories and animatics after class. Need to talk with Prof. Sunghoon Cho for participation.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Areas : Story development and Producing, Film and Animation
Discuss and texting
Develop and visualizing
Qualitative Research and prepare Pre-production
How to convert the text to image
Motion Picture Language
Producing and control know-how
HCL Lab- Game (NM602)
Professor: Jintaek Seo
- Research Areas : C/C++/C# Programming, Game programming with Unity Engine
- Student Leader : Girgzdis Geidrius
● Overview : In most cases, they use an object-oriented language to develop a game. Therefore, in order to develop a game, it is necessary to acquire basic concepts of object-oriented language and to use it freely.
And to develop 3D games, you must acquire the ability to use 3D graphics API.
On this basis, we design and develop the game with the Unity game engine.
We also develop a game server for network enabled games.
● Method of operation : Extracurricular program. Students can participate and work on game related programming language after class. Need to talk with Prof. Jintaek Seo for participation.
HCL Lab- Production step (NM606)
Professor : Lee, Jaeho / Song, Balgum/ Qu-Lin
- Research Areas : Modeling, Rigging, Animation, Motion Capture and Cloth/Hair/Fur simulation
- Student Leader : Luo Rong
● Overview : Main production step is the process of making the video where we start to create character modeling, rigging and animation based on the story.
The goal is to help students to create modeling, rig characters and animate without any limitation. Focuses on cultivating students to be futuristic content professionals in main-production part, especially, dealing with character animation, through studying motion capture, stop motion, virtual studio, modeling, 3D printing, 3D scanner. Students achieve advanced knowledge provided to be ahead of the prospective industry.
● Method of operation : Extracurricular program.
Students can participate and work on setting up characters after class. Need to talk with Prof. Balgum Song for participation.
Research Areas : 3D Modeling & Textures
|Developing high quality shapes applying Z-brush
Modeling and Texture refinement
Question and Answer discussion
|Creating Character modeling (Human, Creature and Cloth)
Background modeling (House, Interior, Exterior and Props)
Research Areas : Rigging and Cloth/Hair/Fur simulation
|Problem Solving based on character setup
Consult students about Career, Goal and Industries
Qualitative Research (Python, Simulation)
|Character Rigging (Human, Quadruped, Vehicles)
Simulation (Cloth, Hair and Fur)
Learning new technologies
HCL Lab- Post Production step (NM607)
Professor : Baek, Kwang-Ho / Kim, KyoungHeon / Han, Yoon-Jeong / Lim, Chae Hong / Ji, Yun
- Research Areas : VFX, Lighting, Compositing, Editing and Effects, New Media, VR Contents
- Student Leader : Sang Hwa Jung
● Overview : Post-production is the final step on producing film and animation. This includes editing footage, adding sounds and voice, color correction, masking, rotoscoping and matte painting to increase the quality of the film. Also deals with lighting and special effects for final composition. This lab focus on the final production stage to enable students to be a VFX artists or a post-production professionals. We also notice the importance of New Media (Media Facade, VR Contents), and we will also introduce and learn relevant parts in this lab.
● Method of operation : Extracurricular program. Students can participate and work on post-production areas after class. Need to talk with Prof. Kwang-Ho Baek for participation.
- Email: email@example.com
Research Areas : Lighting & Rendering/VFX/Compositing
|Problem Solving based on 2D Composite, VFX, 3D Light& Rendering
Problem Solving based on NewMedia(VR,Media façade,etc)
Consult students about Career, Goal and Industries
|Post-production planning and filming
Personal Works and Contest Works
Producing New Media Contents