Hyper-Connected Community Labs
On the 6floor of the New Millennium Building, a learning ecosystem in the form of each production pipeline had been established (Pre-Production Step, Production Step, Post-Production Step, Mobile Step)
HCL Lab- Pre-production step (NM601)
Professor : Hong-Sik Pak / Sunghoon Cho / Thomas Humpal
- Research Areas : Film and Animation Story development, Scene breakdown, Storyboard, Animatics, Camera working, etc.
- Student Leader :N/A
● Overview : In animation and filmmaking process, pre-production step is essential to step before production begins. This pre-production lab is concerned with creating stories, synopsis, scenario, schedule, budget, location scouting, scene breakdown, shot list, etc. Finally, creating storyboard and animatics to prepare for the next step(shooting and animation production), students need to be creative and think in a variety of ways on creating stories. As a result, with those skills and knowledge, students can prepare for becoming a filmmaker, director, writer and/or a previsualization artist.
● Method of operation : Extracurricular program. Students can participate and work on creating stories and animatics after class. Need to talk with Prof. Sunghoon Cho for participation.
- Email: email@example.com
Research Areas : Story development and Producing, Film and Animation
Discuss and texting
Develop and visualizing
Qualitative Research and prepare Pre-production
How to convert the text to image
Motion Picture Language
Producing and control know-how
HCL Lab- Post Production step (NM607)
Professor : Han, Yoon-Jeong / Lim, Chae Hong / Ji, Yun / Jiyeon Choi
- Research Areas : VFX, Lighting, Compositing, Editing and Effects, New Media, VR Contents
● Overview : Post-production is the final step on producing film and animation. This includes editing footage, adding sounds and voice, color correction, masking, rotoscoping and matte painting to increase the quality of the film. Also deals with lighting and special effects for final composition. This lab focus on the final production stage to enable students to be a VFX artists or a post-production professionals. We also notice the importance of New Media (Media Facade, VR Contents), and we will also introduce and learn relevant parts in this lab.
● Method of operation : Extracurricular program. Students can participate and work on post-production areas after class. Need to talk with Professors for participation.
Research Areas : Lighting & Rendering/VFX/Compositing
|Problem Solving based on 2D Composite, VFX, 3D Light& Rendering
Problem Solving based on NewMedia(VR,Media façade,etc)
Consult students about Career, Goal and Industries
|Post-production planning and filming
Personal Works and Contest Works
Producing New Media Contents