Statistics Korea provides monthly and yearly data on the employment situation here in Korea. Check out the link for the report or
read the summary below:
[ Economically active population and labor force participation rate ]
○ The economically active population marked 27,811 thousand in March, which grew 232 thousand persons
or 0.8 percent year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 63.1 percent in March, up 0.2%p year-on-year.
[ Employed persons and employment-population ratio ]
○ The number of employed persons totaled 26,555 thousand persons in March, which went up 112 thousand persons
or 0.4 percent year-on-year.
○ The employment-population ratio recorded 60.2 percent in March, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
[ Unemployed persons and unemployment rate ]
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,257 thousand people in March, which increased 120 thousand persons
or 10.6 percent year-on-year.
○ The unemployment rate marked 4.5 percent in March, up 0.4%p year-on-year.
[ Economically inactive population ]
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16,289 thousand people in March, increasing 22 thousand persons
or 0.1 percent year-on-year.