Total : 17 (1 / 2 Page)

  • 답변

    [Re-entry Permit: Students who will return home during vacation]

    If you return home during vacation and come back to Korea, you should get Re-entry Permit before you leave.
    It takes four working days to get it approved. Please don't forget to apply for re-entry permit at least one week before you leave.

    After approval, you can print out the approval confirmation document. You should bring it with you when you leave.

    You should do it online at the hikorea website (https://www.hikorea.go.kr/Main.pt)
    The process is as below. Two additional forms are required to submit. The forms are attached in this notice.

    1. Creat your account at the website
    2. Membership Log-in
    3. Click Apply of "Petition Application" on the main page
    4. Find "Re-entry Permit" and click it.
    5. Scroll down the page and click two "agree" boxes and "Next" to move to application page.
    6. Complete the online form and submit two necessary documents. You can download the files in this notice.
    7. If your application is completed, the immigration office will approve it. It takes 4 working days.
    8. Confirm the approval, and print out the Approval Confirmation Document. Bring it with you when you leave.

  • 답변

    [Permission for part time work from the immigration office]

    D-2 visa holders who want to work part-time are required to obtain Permission from the immigration office before you start to work. If they are caught for working illegally, they will pay a big amount of fine and, in worse cases, will get expelled from Korea.

    If you want to apply for work permission, you can do it online at the Hi Korea website at https://www.hikorea.go.kr/Main.pt
    You can also visit the immigration office for application, but these days it is difficult to reserve a visit to the immigration office due to social distancing.

    The process for online application is as below.

    1. Prepare the required documents
       1) Signed contract from the work place

       2) Business registration Certificate (사업자등록증) of the work place
       3) Confirmation form of part time employment

           *The form is attached in this notice. Fill out either Korean or English version and get it signed by the work place.
       4) Certificate of enrollment (재학증명서) _ Korean version
       5) Transcript (성적증명서) _ Korean version
          *3) and 4 are available from the certificate issuing machine on the 4th floor of New Millennium Building by card

               or at the Student Service Center by cash on the same floor.  Korean version 
       6) TOPIK or IELTS certificate

    2. Visit IC office with the documents above.
       *I should check the documents and sign on it. I can give you a document to prove that you study in English.

    3. Apply at the Hi Korea website (https://www.hikorea.go.kr/Main.pt)
       1) Creat your account at the website
       2) Membership Log-in
       3) Click "Apply" in the Petition Application button on the main page
       4) Find "Permission for Part Time Work of International Students (D-2) and Language Trainees (D-4-1)" and click it.
       5) Scroll down the page and click two "agree" boxes and "Next" to move to application page.
       6) Complete the online form and submit required documents.

    4. You can check application status and the result in the "My Page".

       *The website says it takes 10 days.

    5. If there is any problem with your application, the immigration office will send you an e-mail by the e-mail address you wrote.

       Please keep checking the e-mail account until the result comes out.

       If you ignore the message, your application will be rejected.

  • 답변

    [Dormitory during vacation]

    If you don't stay at the dormitory during vacation, you should return your room key to the dormitory office.
    If your belongings are there and you don't return the key, it means that you are using the room and other people cannot use it.
    Then, you should pay the dormitory fee for vacation.

    If you don't want to pay the dormitory fee for vacation, please pack your belongings and return your key to the dormitory office.
    The dormitory office can keep two boxes of your luggage at the storage.

    If you stay at the dormitory during vacation, please pay the dormitory fee after getting an invoice at the dormitory office.

  • 답변

    [Procedures to visit home during vacation]

    If you plan to visit your home abroad during vacation, please complete these steps.

    1. Submit the home return survey, so that we can prepare for your return and quarantine.

    2. Read the notice about about re-entry and quarantine after your arrival at Korea.
    Please read the attached file carefully and you should agree with it if you want to do quarantine at the dormitory.

    3. Apply for "re-entry permit" from the Immigration Office through the "Hi Korea" website.
    Before your departure, you should make sure to get it. Please refer to my notice about how to apply for the re-entry permit. Please do it at least one week before your departure.

    4. If you don't want to pay the dormitory fee during your absence, please return your dormitory key to the dormitory office.
    Please read this notice.

    5. Take a corona test and get a certificate of the result
    To take a flight, you are required to submit a certificate of negative corona test result. Please take a corona test at the hospital. You will have to pay for the certificate issuance. You can get the certificate one day after the test.
    Near campus, you can do it at Joeun Samsun Hospital (좋은삼선병원)

    6. Contact and send your arrival information to IC office two weeks before your coming back to reserve your quarantine place.

    For now, 10 day quarantine is required after entering Korea, even though you completed vaccination, but it might change later.
    Keep in touch with me or other staff in my office.

    Stay safe and healthy during vacation!

  • 답변
    Minseok Library provides services for 17,000 titles in foreign e-books.
    Most of them are e-books related to majors, and 400 of them are titles related to classical books. (Please refer to the attached ebook list.)
    How to Use: Refer to the detailed use guide of the EBSCO ebook (attached file)

    Access to the full text of the library: Personal account creation required

    1. Access to the e-book is available through the library website collection data or electronic data inspection.
    2. Access provider-only platforms: Library Homepage/AcademicDB/Overseas e-book banner click → e-book Collection (EBSCOhost) page
    3. Access to a private IP address rather than a school IP address, log in to the library homepage and go to the e-book homepage.
  • 답변

    [National Health Insurance (NHI)]

    Are you paying the NHI fee every month?
    If you don't pay it, you will have a problem when you extend your visa. You will have to pay the whole fee until then at once. It will be a big amount.

    You can get the monthly invoice by e-mail or by mobile phone message. More conveniently, you can apply for automatice transfer from your bank account every month. If it is difficult to apply by calling the NHI Service, please come to my office. I will help you apply by fax.

    [For students who will go back home during vacation]

    About NHI for vacation, I called the NHI Service to ask about the insurance fee for your vacation abroad.

    If you stay abroad for over one month, your NHI enrollment will be canceled automatically, and it will be resumed from the date you re-enter Korea.  It means, you don't need to pay for the period you stay abroad.

    For example, suppose you leave Korea on June 25 and come back on August 10.
    You already paid for June. Your NHI enrollement will be cancled in the end of July. On August 10 when you come back, it will be resumed. From August, the insurance fee will be charged. If you come late in August, the fee will be charged from September.

    In conculsion, if you stay abroad more than one month, you don't need to pay for the period.
    If it is less than one month, you will maintain the enrollment. The insurance fee will be charged continuously.

    For more details, you can ask the NHI service by phone at 1577-1000 or 033-811-2000

  • 답변


    This is the link for course registration.

    Please refer to the attached pdf file of Course Registration Manual.

  • 답변

    [Anti-Violence Education in E-Class]

    You must have found a class titled "양성평등인식증진 및 폭력예방교육" in your E-Class system, even though you didn't register for this course. This is education that all students, faculty and staff at DSU have to take by the Korean law.

    It is video classes about prevention of sexual and domestic violences, consisting of 17 pages in 5 weeks.
    You can complete this education by watching all videos in 17 pages. You are free to watch the videos any time until Oct. 30.

    Some videos don't have English subtitles, but please complete this course when you are free.
    Notices about this education will be given through e-class notification both in Korean and English.

  • 답변

    [How to make a mobile student ID card]

    DSU Student ID card is issued as a mobile type, not a plastic card.
    If you need it, please make yours, referring to the attached guideline.
    You need it when you enter the DSU library.

  • 답변

    [How to Change a Name in ZOOM]

    When you attend your classes by ZOOM, your name in the ZOOM should be "[Student ID No.]_[your English Name]".

    However, many students didn't change it and their names are seen strange, which cannot be recognized who they are.
    Professors cannot check their attendance because of the strange names.

    Please check your name in ZOOM and change it to "[Student ID No.]_[English Name], if it is not in this way yet.
    If you don't, your attendance cannot be marked and it means you are absent from the class.

    For how to change it, please see below.

  • 답변
    Please see the attached information of visa, academic and student affairs for international students. The contents are;
    1. Alien registration
    2. Changing major
    3. Dormitory
    4. Library
    5. Part time job
    6. Public service
    7. Sexual Harrassment
    8. Student card
    9. Tuition fee
  • 답변
    Rules for Kitchen Use

    1. Please wash filter after using kitchen sink
    2. Please separate food waste
    3. Please turn off the ventilator
    4. Please turn off electric range after use (Risk of fire)
    5. Please do not pour the waste oil in the sink (It may blocks the kitchen drain)
    - Do not drink or smoke in the kitchen (If you violate the rule, you can not use the kitchen)
    - Kitchen Opening Hours 07:00-23:00

    Rules for Refrigerator

    1. When you keep your food in the refrigerator, Please seal food in the plastic bag (Or food container) and put your name and room number. (Food without name stickers will be discarded) You can get name sticker from Dormitory Security Office.
    2. Please keep reasonable amount of food and check expiration date.
    3. Please throw away food after expiration date.

  • 답변
    “This program is designed to support students who consider changing their major due to concerns about their aptitude
    and major. Under this program, students are provided with chances for career search and supported to decide their future career path.”

    ★ Application period: September 7th (Mon) - September 25th (Fri)

    ★ Target students: Those considering changing their major with concerns over their aptitude and major

    ★ Program schedule
    - Tuesday Group: October 6th (Tue) - November 3rd (Tue), (16:00-18:00)
    - Wednesday Group: October 7th (Wed) - November 4th (Wed), (16:00-18:00)

    * Only those who can attend every class during five weeks (5 classes in total) may submit an application.
    * Point scholarship score will be given.

    ★ More information: Visit or call (320-2102/2194)

    DSU Student Counseling Center
    1st floor, IC Building
    Phone: 320-2120, 2194
  • 답변
    1. Application Qualification
        ◾ Students who have completed 6 semesters and have maintained a grade point average (GPA) of at least 4.30 or higher.
    2. Ineligible Students
        ◾ Students whose grade point average (GPA) for the 6 semesters is below 4.30.
        ◾ Students who have a repeat course (including P credit) from his/her grades during six semesters.
         ※ applicable also for students who retook P credit courses such as chapel, on-site training etc.
        ◾ Transfer students, readmitted students cannot apply for early graduation.
    3. Condition for Early Graduation
       ◾ Students who have applied for early graduation and have received a grade point average (GPA) of 4.30 or higher on the following semester (7th semester) after application.
       ◾ Students who have earned enough credits for graduation, and have completed required courses.
       ◾ Students who have passed the graduation comprehensive examination.
        ⇨ If the student satisfies the graduation qualification, he/she may graduate in August, Senior year.
    4. Application Form Issuance and Receipt
       ◾Office of Academic Affairs, 4th FL Millennium Hall
    5. Procedure
       ◾Issuance of the academic transcript (copy for inspection) ➞ Fill in the early graduation application form ➞ submit to the corresponding Department ➞ Apply at the Office of Academic Affairs
    6. Inquiries
        320-2041, 2042
  • 답변
     1. Eligible Students
       ① Enrolled sophomore students or higher level. 
       ② Students reinstating as a sophomore student or as a higher level among students who are expected to reinstate from the second semester of every academic year.

    2. Application Qualification
        ① Students whose cumulative grade point average (GPA) is 2.5 or higher,
        ② and satisfy the completed credit per academic year (refer to the completed credit by academic year/semester)

    ※ [Completed Credits by Academic Year/Semester]
      (General Major) (Division of Health Sciences) (Major in Architectural Design (5 year course))
    1-1   17          18              17
    1-2   33          35              33
    2-1   49          53              49
    2-2   65          70              65
    3-1   82          88              82
    3-2   98          105              98
    4-1   114         123             114
    4-2   130         140             130
    5-1                             148
    5-2                             165
    ※ Department of Public Health Administration to apply general major completed credits

    3. Application Procedure
    ① Fill in the application form
    -> Provided at the Office of Academic Affairs (4th FL of Millennium Hall) or the Department Office
    ② Seal by advising professor of corresponding major/ Seal by advising professor of applying major
    ③ Submit application form - Office of Academic Affairs
    -> 1 copy of application form
    -> 1 copy of academic transcript (copy for inspection)