ICT Convergence and Security Lab (ICS Lab)
Lee, YoungSil / Seo, Jintaek
About this Research Lab
The ICT Convergence and Security Lab (ICSLab), is jointly led by Prof. YoungSil Lee and Prof. Jintaek Seo. ICSLab strives to build the capabilities to conduct various research areas in computer engineering and science that go beyond software development (from making a simple website to games).
The students will take part in multidisciplinary research and have the opportunity to interact with industry experts through various research activities, such as visiting exhibitions, participating in international workshops/conferences through their project performance, and in R&D projects through cooperation with the industry.
Development of Web/Mobile Applications, Game Development, Computer/Network Security, Cryptography, Healthcare, Marine IT-related fields.
Professor: Jintaek Seo
- Research Areas : C/C++/C# Programming, Game programming with Unity Engine
- Student Leader : n/a
● Overview : In most cases, they use an object-oriented language to develop a game. Therefore, in order to develop a game, it is necessary to acquire basic concepts of object-oriented language and to use it freely.
And to develop 3D games, you must acquire the ability to use 3D graphics API.
On this basis, we design and develop the game with the Unity game engine.
We also develop a game server for network enabled games.
● Method of operation : Extracurricular program. Students can participate and work on game related programming language after class. Need to talk with Prof. Jintaek Seo for participation.
Open Source Projects
We are contributing to some open source projects.
● Rendering Engine Principle for Studying
- Rendering is an essential part of a game engine. This open-source project will help you understand the principles of the 3D rendering engine.
● 2D Physics Engine Principle for Studying
- This open-source project will help you understand the principles of the 2D physics engine.